6 Secrets to Achieve Beautiful and Glowing Skin!!
There’s something so beautiful about radiant, glowing skin. The issue, however, is that radiant skin isn’t always easy to achieve. Whether you’re pregnant, a new mom, work full-time, or just need some expert tips to achieve the beautiful glow you’ve always desired, I have your back. Stay tuned for my top tips to achieve the glow you always wanted.
1. First and foremost, always remove your makeup at night. Look, I’m sure there were times when you felt too lazy to wash your face at night or remove your makeup. However, this can wreak havoc to your skin. Not only will your skin suffer breakouts over time, but your pores can become clogged. There are many products in the market such as makeup remover wipes that help remove most of the dirt, oil, and makeup. I prefer Neutrogena makeup remover wipes because they are ideal for sensitive skin. The wipes are a convenient way to remove most of the makeup that will clog your pores, bother your eyes, and stain your pillowcase.
2. I cannot stress this enough: EXFOLIATE.
Exfoliating is the process of removing dead skin cells from your face. As we age our skin cells have a slower turnover rate which means exfoliating 1-2 a week becomes very crucial. It helps your skin look its healthiest and is also a great way to prep your skin for face products. Exfoliating regularly can help your skin prevent acne or blackheads by unblocking pores. The 2 main types of exfoliates are chemical and physical. Examples of physical exfoliators are a brush, cloth, or sponge to manually remove dead skin cells. Chemical exfoliators include low-percentages of gentle acids to dissolve dead skin cells and allow for new cells to turn over, revealing smoother and brighter skin. Chemical exfoliators come in the form of cleansers, toners, serums and sometimes even moisturizers.
3. You must apply sunscreen daily. I am guilty of going out without sunscreen in the winter or on cloudy days. It wasn’t until my mid 20’s when I started developing sun damage as a result. Sunscreen is crucial to prevent hyperpigmentation, which is when the skin develops darker patches of skin due to excess Melanin production. Therefore, it is important to implement sunscreen in your daily skincare routine to help protect against the sun’s harmful ultraviolet UVA and UVB rays. You can find some of my favorite sunscreens HERE
4. “You are what you eat!” The foods you eat are imperative in the health and beauty of our skin. You probably think about how nutrition affects your internal health and your weight, but eating the right foods can also improve the quality of your skin. It is important to eat foods rich in Vitamin C. Vitamin C is a powerful antioxidant that is necessary to support the immune system, promote radiant skin and help blemishes heal properly. A diet low in fats and sugar also promotes healthier skin.
5. When you get your heart pumping from exercise, your skin receives a good dose of oxygenated blood. Your skin also starts producing more of its natural oils, helping skin look healthy and naturally moisturized.
6. Beauty sleep! They say to get your beauty rest for a reason! Getting 7-9 hours of sleep can help regenerate collagen, boost blood flow to the skin, and repair skin cells. So unless you want raccoon eyes in the morning, I’d get enough rest at night to look healthy.
3 Products to keep your skin radiant and glowing
If you found this article helpful, don’t forget to like and share!